x

Brazil players ordered back to Russia before World Cup qualifier

Brazil were already without players from the English Premier League, but now they have had to send back two Russia-based stars ahead of upcoming World Cup qualifiers.

Zenit St. Petersburg FC  duo,  Malcom and Claudinho have gone back to Russia after constant requests from the club. They had only been called up on Friday.

This has badly hit Brazil’s preparations for the World Cup qualifying matches in Chile later on Thursday, Argentina in Sao Paulo on Sept. 5 and Peru in Recife on Sept. 9.

The Brazilian Football Federation said it had filed a formal complaint with the world governing body FIFA.

English Premier League clubs had earlier refused to send players to countries on the British government’s so-called coronavirus red list, which included Brazil, because it would mean quarantine on their return to Britain.

Argentina will count on their England-based duo, Emiliano Martinez and Emiliano Buendia after Aston Villa made an exception.

However, the English club said they could only play in the first two qualifiers, but Argentina coach Lionel Scaloni, is hoping that they can still feature in all three.

“The players are there to play all three games,” he said.

Hot this week

Editors Urge Government To Create Safe, Enabling Environment For Journalists

· Ask security agents to find missing Vanguard journalistAs...

EXCLUSIVE: Buhari orders probe of Isa Funtua, AMCON over keystone and Etisalat

Following the controversy generated by the leading opposition party,...

6 Signs your boyfriend thinks you are ugly -Take note of No. 2

They say there are three kinds of people; the...

2023: South-East, Middle Belt Forum Endorses Peter Obi

The South-East and Middle Belt Forum has endorsed the...

Police Rescue Kidnapped Israeli Engineer in Taraba

The Taraba State Police Command, in collaboration with the...

PDP Chieftain Calls for EFCC Probe into Ebonyi Contract Racketeering

A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in...

BREAKING: Kevin De Bruyne Confirms Manchester City Departure

Kevin De Bruyne has officially announced that he will...

Wike dismisses rumours of collapse, says its a political gimmick to divert attention

By Joyce Remi-BabayejuThe FCT Minister, Barr. Nysome Wike on...

Ijoba Lande Reveals Payment After a Month on Set with Funke Akindele

Controversial Nollywood actor and comedian, Ijoba Lande, has shared...

Protesters Demand Suspension of FUOYE VC Over Alleged Sexual Harassment

Protesters gathered at the Federal Ministry of Education in...

Six Nigerians Among 0.8% of World’s Black Billionaires – Forbes

Black billionaires remain a small fraction of the world’s...

JUST-IN: Court Stops Pro-Wike Rally In Bayelsa

A Bayelsa State High Court in Yenagoa has issued...
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img