News
EFCC Academy Begins Four-Week Training for 102 New CCB Officers
By Francis Wilfred
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has commenced a four-week Basic Investigation and Enforcement training for 102 newly recruited officers of the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB).The training began on Monday, August 10, 2026, at the EFCC Academy in Karu, Abuja.
Speaking at the opening ceremony, EFCC Executive Chairman Ola Olukoyede described the programme as a milestone in the relationship between the two institutions, noting that it was the first time the EFCC was hosting and training newly recruited CCB officers.
According to the EFCC Head of Media and Publicity, Dele Oyewale, the training is designed to strengthen the officers’ investigative capacity, professionalism, discipline and ethical conduct.
Olukoyede, represented by the Acting Commandant of the EFCC Academy, ACE1 Joseph Ogwiji, said the partnership represented a broader effort to deepen institutional collaboration and capacity development. The Chairman of the CCB, Dr Abdullahi Usman Bello, said the partnership was important to efforts to promote integrity and ethical conduct in Nigeria’s public service.
Bello urged the trainees to take the programme seriously as preparation for carrying out the Bureau’s constitutional responsibilities, including promoting transparency and preventing conflicts of interest. The officers were also urged to uphold integrity, discipline, professionalism, confidentiality and strict compliance with the law in their duties.
News
Osun 2026: Police Deploy 600 Officers from Akwa Ibom for Governorship Election
By Ogenyi Ogenyi, Uyo
The Nigeria Police Force has deployed 600 officers from Akwa Ibom State to Osun State to reinforce security ahead of the governorship election.
Addressing the officers in Uyo before their departure, Akwa Ibom State Commissioner of Police, Baba Azare, urged them to maintain professionalism, neutrality, discipline and respect for the rule of law throughout the assignment.
Azare warned the officers against partisanship, voter intimidation, extortion, harassment, excessive use of force, alcohol consumption while on duty and other conduct capable of undermining the integrity of the election.
He also reminded them to comply with the Inspector-General of Police’s social media policy, particularly regarding the sharing or livestreaming of sensitive election-related photographs, videos and information that could compromise operational security.
The commissioner said transportation had been provided for the officers and directed them not to pay for their movement to Osun or their return to Akwa Ibom. He ordered officers to travel only through approved arrangements and warned commanders against collecting money from personnel for transportation or related expenses.
Azare directed the officers to remain under their designated commanders, observe the rules of engagement and protect voters, electoral officials and election materials. He said officers found guilty of misconduct, extortion, unauthorised collection of money or violation of lawful directives would face disciplinary action.
News
Dogara Celebrates Former President Ibrahim Babangida at 85, Hails His Enduring Legacy
Rt. Hon. Yakubu Dogara, former Speaker of Nigeria’s House of Representatives, has joined millions of Nigerians in celebrating the 85th birthday of former military President, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (rtd), fondly known as IBB.
In a heartfelt tribute, Dogara described General Babangida as “a statesman of uncommon vision whose leadership helped shape the destiny of Nigeria.” He emphasized that Babangida’s years in power were marked by bold reforms, infrastructural expansion, and the creation of new states that gave voice and identity to millions of Nigerians.
Born on August 17, 1941, General Babangida rose through the ranks of the Nigerian Army to become Head of State in 1985. His eight-year tenure remains one of the most defining eras in Nigeria’s political and economic journey. During his administration, Babangida introduced far-reaching economic reforms, strengthened Nigeria’s federal structure through state creation, and invested in infrastructure projects that continue to serve the nation decades later.
Dogara noted that Babangida’s foresight in establishing institutions and agencies has left an enduring legacy. He highlighted the former president’s role in expanding Nigeria’s federation, ensuring equity and representation across diverse regions, and laying foundations that successive governments have built upon.
Beyond his years in office, Dogara commended Babangida’s enduring role as an elder statesman. Even in retirement at his Minna Hilltop residence, Babangida continues to provide wise counsel to successive governments and inspire younger generations with his humility, patriotism, and resilience.
He prayed for Babangida’s continued health, strength, and grace, adding that his life is a testimony of service to God and country.
As Nigerians reflect on his 85 years, Babangida’s story is not only one of military distinction and political leadership but also of enduring influence in shaping Nigeria’s path toward unity and progress. His legacy continues to resonate, reminding the nation of the importance of vision, courage, and commitment to the common good.
News
2027: Ortom Denies Alliance With Atiku, Reaffirms Support for Southern Presidency
By Isaac Kertyo, Makurdi
Former Benue State Governor Samuel Ortom has denied allegations linking him to an alliance with former Vice President Atiku Abubakar ahead of the 2027 presidential election.
Ortom, through his media aide, Zege Paul, described the allegation attributed to the International Centre for Transparency Nigeria (ICTN) as false and inconsistent with his position on power rotation.
According to a statement issued by Paul, Ortom believes the presidency should remain in the South in 2027 and therefore does not support a northern presidential candidate. The former governor said his position was consistent with the stance he took alongside four other Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governors, collectively known as the G-5, ahead of the 2023 election.
The statement said Ortom and the other governors had argued that, following eight years of northern leadership under former President Muhammadu Buhari, the presidency should shift to the South.
Ortom said he remained committed to that principle and that supporting a return of the presidency to the North in 2027 would contradict the position he took in 2023. The former governor also reaffirmed his support for President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, noting that he publicly declared his backing for Tinubu in Port Harcourt in 2024. The statement did not provide further details about the alleged report by ICTN.
-
News23 hours agoBenue Attack: Three Killed, Four Injured in Ukum Community
-
Business19 hours agoApple to change app consent rules after German regulator’s concerns
-
News24 hours agoFG Prioritises Security, Diaspora Partnerships for Nigeria’s Development
-
News24 hours agoIbeno Traditional Council Tasks New Village Heads on Peace, Unity
-
Politics22 hours agoOsun Election: Adeleke Extends Olive Branch as APC Considers Tribunal Challenge
-
News21 hours agoPeace Returns to Benue’s Agatu as Residents Resume Farming
-
Politics22 hours agoBREAKING: Edo Assembly Speaker Blessing Agbebaku Resigns
-
Sports22 hours agoJoao Pedro leads EPL pre-season scoring chart as Tzolis tops assists

You must be logged in to post a comment Login