x

Men’s doubles world No. 1 Farah out of Australian Open

Colombian Robert Farah, ranked world number one in men’s doubles, has withdrawn from the Australian Open for personal reasons, tournament organisers said on Tuesday.

Canada-born Farah won Wimbledon and the U.S. Open doubles titles with long-time partner and fellow Colombian Juan Sebastian Cabal.

The pair, who made the 2018 doubles final at Melbourne Park and were awarded the ATP’s doubles team of the year in 2019, had already pulled out of this week’s Adelaide International warmup event.

A Tennis Australia spokeswoman told Reuters 32-year-old Farah’s decision to pull out was not injury related.

Cabal, 33, was expected to remain in Melbourne and play in the doubles with another partner, she added.

The Australian Open starts on Monday.(Reuters/NAN)

Hot this week

Political Analysts Describe Maikaya as Nasarawa’s Emerging Consensus Bridge Ahead of 2027

As the political temperature in Nasarawa State gradually rises...

New CDC Executive Sworn In as Peace Returns to Olugbobiri Community

Peace has finally returned to the Olugbobiri community in...

‘Single Mother Stigma Only Applies to Poor Women’ – Mercy Eke

Nigerian reality TV star and Big Brother Naija Season...

Bishop Kukah Says No Christian Persecution in Nigeria, Cites Misuse of Data and Genocide Claims

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaBishop of the Sokoto Catholic Diocese...

Flavour and Prophet Odumeje Break the Internet With Matching Outfits

Nigerian singer Flavour and popular clergyman Prophet Chukwuemeka Odumeje...

NOA Affirms Commitment to Drive Public Support for New Tax Laws

By Joyce Remi-BabayejuThe National Orientation Agency (NOA) has affirmed...

Youths Involvement is Essential in Peacebuilding

By Raliat AbdulkadirIn Nigeria today, the youths make up...

Riyadh 2025: Yussuf Alli Credits Team Nigeria’s Historic Success to NSC Planning, Athlete Welfare

Team Nigeria’s Deputy Chef-de-Mission to the Riyadh 2025 Islamic...

NYA Appoints Seven New State Chairmen for North-West Zone

By Jabiru HassanThe Office of the National Vice President...

Bishop Kukah Says No Christian Persecution in Nigeria, Cites Misuse of Data and Genocide Claims

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaBishop of the Sokoto Catholic Diocese...

North-West Security Summit: Gov. Uba Sani, Defence Minister Outline Strategies to Tackle Insecurity

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaKey stakeholders from government, defence,...

FG Reaffirms Commitment to Eradicating Insecurity, Seeks Stronger Global Support – Akume

By Francis WilfredThe Federal Government has reiterated its...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img