x

Sokoto Governor To Reclaim Refuse Dumping Sites

By Ibrahim Goronyo,Sokoto

Governor Ahmed Aliyu Sokoto while on inspection visits to some certain refuse dumping centers within the metropolis expressed dismay over the way dumping sites turned to business centres.

It was against this backdrop he vowed to reclaim all refuse dumping sites converted to business premises within the metropolis.

He gave the indication while inspecting the ongoing refuse evacuation exercise at the Shehu kangiwa square dumping site.

Dismayed over the way and manner refuse dumping sites were turned into business premises, which had affected refuse collection and disposal in the metropolis,the governor vowed to reclaim the sites in order to sanitize the metropolis.

“Let me make it clear that very soon, we’ll reclaim all the refuse dumping sites that had been turned into business premises.

” We’ll revert them to refuse dumping sites, so as to ease and also improve refuse collection and disposal, “he averred

Governor Ahmad Aliyu further reiterated his administration’s commitments towards making Sokoto one of the cleanest cities in the country.

“In the past, whenever the state received a vistor,clean routes had to be chosen to avoid any likely embarrassment because of the heaps of refuse littering our roads.

“This has now become history as we have taken the issue of sanitation very seriously.

” My visit here is to encourage the members of this committee, and ginger them up to do more,”he said.

Dr Aliyu also reminded the people of the state of his campaign promises,adding that they will be implemented gradually.

” Excercise more patience, we are very much on course and we will insha get to the promise land safely, ” the governor assured.

He thanked the people of the state for their fervent prayers, assuring them of his administration’s continued determination to executive myriad of meaningful projects for the state.

Earlier, a member of the sanitation committee, Muhammed Toro said the taskforce committee had so far evacuated 1,580 truck-loads of refuse across the metropolis.

Press statement by the Press Secretary to the governor,Abubakar Bawa also said while at Shehu Kangiwa refuse dump site, Muhammed Toro revealed to the governor that the committee had succeeded in evacuating 285 truck- loads of refuse.

He added that it had been four years since the last refuse was evacuated at the site, and commended the Governor for setting up taskforce committee on sanitation.

He also commended him for his support to the taskforce committee at all times.

Hot this week

Kano Speaker Extends Condolences Over Singa Market Fire

By Jabiru HassanThe Speaker of the , Rt. Hon....

FCT Council Election: I ‘ll only Back “Asiwaju ‘s” Supporters—Wike

By Joyce Remi- BabayejuThe FCT) Minister, Barr. Nyesom Wike,...

Diri Marks Sixth Anniversary in Office with Thanksgiving Service in Bayelsa

Bayelsa State Governor Douye Diri on Saturday marked six...

BIPOGA Wrestling: Police Zones Battle for Top Honors

By Anne AzukaThe 15th Biennial Police Games (BIPOGA) opened...

A”ibom confident of April target for Int’l flights.as VAIA recieves Boarding Bridges

By Ogenyi Ogenyi, UyoAkwa Ibom government has expressed confidence...

Spring Festival: Tegbe Congratulates China, Backs Deeper Economic Integration

The Director-General of the Nigeria–China Strategic Partnership (NCSP), Joseph...

Jude Bellingham Linked With Conditional Move to Manchester United

Reports indicate that Jude Bellingham has reached an agreement...

FA Cup Fifth Round Draw Confirmed

The FA Cup fifth-round draw has delivered a blend...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img