x

Barcelona sign Francisco Trincao from Braga

Barcelona has signed promising Portuguese forward Francisco Trincao from Braga in a deal worth 31 million euros, the La Liga club announced on Friday.

In a statement, the Spanish champions said that Trincao, 20, will join Barca on July 1 and has signed a five-year contract, which includes a buy-out clause of 500 million euros.

“FC Barcelona and SC Braga have reached an agreement for the transfer of the player Francisco Trincao,” the statement read.

“The young Portuguese forward can play anywhere up front although he usually features on the wing, on either flank despite being left-footed.”

Barca described Trincao as “quick and technically gifted”, with “the ability to take defenders on with his dribbling skills”.

Trincao began his career in the youth teams of Vianense and Porto before signing for Braga, where he made his senior debut in December 2018. He went on to play 29 times for the Portuguese club and scored three goals.

Barcelona director Guillermo Amor confirmed on Thursday the club had ended their pursuit of a striker this month, despite Luis Suarez’s knee injury which is likely to rule the Uruguayan out for the rest of the season.

Barca had been linked with Arsenal’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Lautaro Martinez of Inter Milan while negotiations broke down over a deal for Valencia’s Rodrigo Moreno.

Hot this week

Insecurity: Wike Supports “Operation Sweep” to Flush Criminalities out of Abuja

By Joyce Remi-BabayejuThe FCT Minister Barr. Nysome Wike has...

Kaduna Group Faults El-Rufai Over Alleged N1bn Payment to Bandits, Backs Gov. Uba Sani’s Security Approach

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaKaduna Concerned Citizens (KCC) has dismissed...

Why I Can’t Reconcile With My Ex-Wife – Don Jazzy

Mavin Records boss, Michael Collins Ajereh, popularly known as...

Flavour and Prophet Odumeje Break the Internet With Matching Outfits

Nigerian singer Flavour and popular clergyman Prophet Chukwuemeka Odumeje...

When School Becomes a Target: The Rising Tide of Mass Kidnappings

By Daudu Agaba Andrew SamuelIn the early hours of...

A”Ibom community condemns campaign against Monarch aftermath of election

By Ogenyi Ogenyi,UyoThe Ekpri Nsukara Offot Village Council has...

Igbomotoru Massacre: Amagbein urges CDS to reopen investigations to bring perpetrators to book

By Our CorrespondentNiger Delta ex-agitator, the self-styled General...

NOA Affirms Commitment to Drive Public Support for New Tax Laws

By Joyce Remi-BabayejuThe National Orientation Agency (NOA) has affirmed...

Youths Involvement is Essential in Peacebuilding

By Raliat AbdulkadirIn Nigeria today, the youths make up...

Riyadh 2025: Yussuf Alli Credits Team Nigeria’s Historic Success to NSC Planning, Athlete Welfare

Team Nigeria’s Deputy Chef-de-Mission to the Riyadh 2025 Islamic...

NYA Appoints Seven New State Chairmen for North-West Zone

By Jabiru HassanThe Office of the National Vice President...

Bishop Kukah Says No Christian Persecution in Nigeria, Cites Misuse of Data and Genocide Claims

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaBishop of the Sokoto Catholic Diocese...

North-West Security Summit: Gov. Uba Sani, Defence Minister Outline Strategies to Tackle Insecurity

By Achadu Gabriel, KadunaKey stakeholders from government, defence,...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img