x

Elon Musk Isn’t Serious About Cage Fight – Zuckerberg

Elon Musk “isn’t serious” about holding a cage fight and “it’s time to move on”, Mark Zuckerberg has said.

In a post on his social media site Threads, the Meta boss said he had offered Mr Musk “a real date” but the rival entrepreneur had made excuses.

Mr Musk had earlier on Sunday suggested on his own messaging site X, formerly known as Twitter, that he was willing to fight as early as Monday.

The billionaires agreed to the bout in June, sparking huge media attention.

But despite egging each other on for months, the rivals have yet to secure a date, raising doubts the fight will ever go ahead.

The war of words was complicated by the launch of Threads in July, with the rival messaging app to X attracting more than 100 million sign-ups in less than a week.

That number has fallen back, and X remains comfortably ahead with around 350 million users – but Mr Musk has threatened to sue Facebook for “unlawful misappropriation of Twitter’s trade secrets”.

Meta denies the claims.

Last week, Mr Zuckerberg said he had proposed 26 August for the cage fight. Then in a twist on Friday, Italy’s culture minister said that he had spoken to Mr Musk about hosting the showdown in the country as a charity event.

Mr Musk suggested it would have “an ancient Rome theme”.

On Sunday, however, the Meta boss posted on Threads: “Elon won’t confirm a date, then says he needs surgery, and now asks to do a practice round in my backyard instead.

“If Elon ever gets serious about a real date and official event, he knows how to reach me. Otherwise, time to move on. I’m going to focus on competing with people who take the sport seriously.”

Responding on X, however, Mr Musk called the Meta boss a “chicken”.

Earlier, Mr Musk had posted a text message exchange on the messaging platform purportedly between himself and Mr Zuckerberg.

In it he tells the Meta boss that he will be in Palo Alto, home to Meta’s headquarters, on Monday and that the fight could be held in Mr Zuckerberg’s Octagon, which is the eight-sided ring in which cage fights are held.

Mr Musk continued: “I have not been practicing much, apart from a brief bout with Lex Fridman [the computer scientist and podcast host] today.

“While I think it is very unlikely, l given our size difference, perhaps you are a modern day Bruce Lee and will somehow win.”

Elon Musk, 52, and Mark Zuckerberg, 39 are two of the world’s most high-profile technology billionaires.

The bizarre idea to fight each other started in June, when Mr Musk tweeted that he was “up for a cage fight” with Mr Zuckerberg.

The Meta boss, who already has mixed martial arts (MMA) training and has recently won jiu-jitsu tournaments, simply responded with “send me location”.

Hot this week

Editors Urge Government To Create Safe, Enabling Environment For Journalists

· Ask security agents to find missing Vanguard journalistAs...

EXCLUSIVE: Buhari orders probe of Isa Funtua, AMCON over keystone and Etisalat

Following the controversy generated by the leading opposition party,...

6 Signs your boyfriend thinks you are ugly -Take note of No. 2

They say there are three kinds of people; the...

2023: South-East, Middle Belt Forum Endorses Peter Obi

The South-East and Middle Belt Forum has endorsed the...

Wike employs 34 Resident Doctors for FCT Hospitals

By Joyce Remi-BabayejuThe FCT Minister Barr Nysome Wike has...

Why Uzor Arukwe Is Nollywood’s Hottest Star Right Now – Segun Arinze

Veteran Nollywood actor Segun Arinze has hailed his colleague...

Man gets life jail for setting ex-boss ablaze in Ekiti

An Ekiti State High Court in Ado Ekiti has...

Travellers Stranded in Taraba as Bridge Collapse Cuts Off Major Highway

Travellers and motorists in Taraba State have been left...

President Federation Cup Round of 32 Fixtures Revealed

The highly anticipated President Federation Cup Round of 32...

Kaduna Police Officer Threatens Retaliation Against Southerners Over Uromi Killings

Kaduna State police officer, Hadaina Hussaini Dan-Taki, has sparked...

BREAKING: Edo Tribunal Dismisses Action Alliance’s Petition Against Okpebholo, APC

The Edo State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal in Abuja...

Sterling Bank Stops Online Transfer Charges

Sterling Bank has announced the elimination of transfer fees...
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img