x

COVID-19: 3 patients discharge as 2nd test proves negative in Oyo

Three confirmed COVID-19 patients in Oyo State Isolation Centre have been discharged after their second test results proved negative.

The state’s COVID-19 Task Force, headed by Gov. Seyi Makinde, announced this in a statement issued on Friday in Ibadan.

According to the statement, this brings the number of discharged cases in the state to five.

There are currently six active cases in the state.

“All previously announced measures to prevent, contain and control the spread of COVID-19 in Oyo State, remain in place.

“These include the dusk to dawn curfew (7.00 p.m. to 6.00 a.m.) and no gatherings of more than 10 people should be held anywhere in the state.

“The closure of all markets, except those selling perishable food items, is still in place.

“Also, inter-state transportation into and out of the state remains suspended except vehicles carrying food items, medical, pharmaceutical and petroleum products.

The Task Force implored residents to adhere to its directives by washing their hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser regularly.

It also urged the general public to continue maintaining social distancing as part of measures to curtail the spread of the coronavirus across the state.

Hot this week

Editors Urge Government To Create Safe, Enabling Environment For Journalists

· Ask security agents to find missing Vanguard journalistAs...

EXCLUSIVE: Buhari orders probe of Isa Funtua, AMCON over keystone and Etisalat

Following the controversy generated by the leading opposition party,...

6 Signs your boyfriend thinks you are ugly -Take note of No. 2

They say there are three kinds of people; the...

2023: South-East, Middle Belt Forum Endorses Peter Obi

The South-East and Middle Belt Forum has endorsed the...

INEC Collapses Plans to RecallSenator Natasha in Kogi

By Noah Ocheni, LokojaThe Independent National Electoral Commission, (INEC)...

BREAKING: Renewed Hope Proactiveness In Tackling Emergencies Commended.

By Jabiru Hassan.Less than 24 hours of the sad...

INEC Rejects Petition to Recall Senator Natasha in Kogi,

By Noah Ocheni, LokojaThe Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)...

Delta 2027: No Vacancy In Govt House, says Guwor

By Anne Azuka Speaker, Delta State House of Assembly, Rt...

Rainstorm destroys over 70 houses  in Langtang South LGA of Plateau

By Isreal Adamu, Jos No fewer than 70  houses and...

Plateau govt fumes as gunmen kill 10 persons in Bokkos LGA 

By Israel Adamu,Jos At least, 10 persons were killed on...

SOSG seeks partnership to revive moribound industries 

By Muhammad Ibrahim, Sokoto Gov  Ahmed Aliyu says his administration...

Governor Skkoto bags ANCOPS’s Excellence Award In Education

By Muhammad Ibrahim, Sokoto The All Nigerian Conference of Principals...
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img