PHYSICAL INFRASTRUCTURE AND SUSTAINABLE ENVIRONMENT:
1. Completion of Mararaban Jama’a-British America Junction Road inherited from previous administration
2. Completion of Secretariat flyover bridge inherited from previous administration
3. Completion of Bukuru Kugiya, Angwan Doki road, Jos South.
4. Construction of British American Flyover and Dualisation to Lamingo Junction Roundabout and installation of street lights.
5. Constructed ultra-modern Plateau High Court Headquarters Complex Jos
6. Remodeling, Construction and Fencing of Magistrate Court West of Mines Jos
7. Construction of Alternative Dispute Resolution Centre Jos
8. Construction of Shendam Bye-pass, Internal Road Networks and Bridges
9. Remodeling and Construction of NUJ Secretariat Complex Jos.
10. Installation of street lights across the Jos-Bukuru Metropolis (over 90km)
11. Construction of Rantya Road network Jos South LGA
12. Construction of Wild Life-Rafiki Junction-Miango Road.
13. Reconstruction of 40 township roads within Jos-Bukuru road
14. Rehabilitation and asphalting of 29 urban roads under Operation Zero Potholes
15. Construction of Longvel-Yelwa-Mato Junction-Taraba border road
16. Constructed Kalong Bridge and road approaches, Shendam LGA
17. Completed Abandoned Conference Hall (Named after Victoria Gowon), Fuel dumb and other facilities at the New Government House, Little Rayfield Jos.
18. Construction of Mangu-Gindiri-Lere Road with spur to Tongzong-Chanso & Gindiri Schools, Mangu LGA
19. Ongoing Construction of Federe-Fobur-Angware Road (27km) Jos East LGA
20. Construction of Rukuba-Miango-Farin Lamba with Spur at Dochai and School of Accountancy
21. Construction of Europharm, Diye, Dakwol & Zarmaganda-Mazaram Road Network
22. Construction of Jos-Maza-Angware Road (10km) Jos East LGA
23. Ongoing Construction of Langtang-Garkawa-Yelwa-Shendam road with spur to Lalin (70km)
24. Completion of Dualisation of Old Airport-Rayfield-Government House with Spurs to Giring and Chang’opyang Jos South LGA
25. Construction of Mararaba Demshin-Shimankar Road, Shendam LGA
26. Construction of Demshin-Angwan Dadi-Kalong-Nyak Road, Shendam LGA
27. Construction of Shinkwan-Tunkus Road (Shendam Byepass) Shendam LGA
28. Ongoing Construction of Kuba-Tenti-Manguna Road (66km) Bokkos LGA
29. Ongoing Construction of Lohmak-Gazum-road with spur at Kumkwam, Langtang North LGA
30. Construction of Ajikamai Road network, Shendam LGA
31. Construction of Kukari & Fwavwei road network Rayfield, Jos South
32. Construction of Angwan Rogo Network with a Bridge linking Hawan Idi/Ali Kazaure, Jos North LGA
33. Construction of Roads Network at Danserina, Tina Junction to Dutse Uku, Yan Shanu Street, St. Michael, Baptist Church Road, Tsarki Street, Yar Kasuwa Road, Rikkos and Main Market Road, Jos North
34. Construction of Amma Street, Mallam Kure, Fatima Church, Apata, Gangare, Rikkos, Dilimi Roads Network in Jos-Bukuru Metropolis, Jos North
35. Construction of Road Network at Utan, Jos North.
36. Construction and rehabilitation of Angwan Rukuba Eto Baba road.
WATER AND SANITATION
1. Resuscitation and Rehabilitation of Shendam Water Treatment Plant
2. Resuscitation and Rehabilitation of Langtang water works
3. Rehabilitation of Yelwa Water Works
4. Construction of a new Water Treatment Plant and Distribution Network system in Riyom, Tahoss and Rahoss
5. Provided over 128 Hand Pump Boreholes as well as rehabilitated 34 others and 14 Solar Panel Boreholes across various communities in the State.
6. Construction of mini treatment plants and supply of 5.5KVA generator and minimal reticulation with water kiosks in Kalong, Shimankar, Demshin, Bakin Kogi, Fang, Sopp, Tom Gangare, Tse as well as transmission of water pipeline from Yelwa to Ajikamai.
7. Signed into law and gazetted the Plateau State Water Sector Law which gave rise to four agencies. These include Jos Water Services Corporation; Plateau State Municipal Water Supply Agency; Plateau State Water Regulatory Commission; and the Plateau Rural Water Supply Agency.
8. Passed and gazetted the Plateau State Energy Corporation Law to establish an agency to harvest investment into the energy sector of the State especially in the rural areas.
PEACE & SECURITY
1. Restored substantial peace to Plateau State and created confidence among citizens.
2. Established the Plateau Peace Building Agency, the first of its kind in Nigeria to drive understanding, reconciliation, forgiveness and synergy in dispute resolution.
3. Established the Plateau State Inter-Religious Council
4. Reinvigorated Operation Rainbow and strengthened intelligence gathering using the community driven approach and early warning systems
5. Built and commissioned Operation Rainbow Surveillance Centre at Dutse Uku (Jos Jarawa) equipped with surveillance equipment and a watchtower.
6. Recruited and deployed 529 Police Constables for Community Policing
7. Purchased and distributed operational vehicles to security agencies.
8. Harmonized operations of all community watch groups, vigilante associations, hunters and similar bodies.
9. Collaborated with Humanitarian Dialogue to hold peace consultative meetings in Northern and Southern Plateau with extension to Kaduna State which was climaxed at Kafanchan.
10. Purchased and Commissioned 50 Hilux Vans and 200 Security motor cycles to boost security in Plateau State.
11. Established the Plateau Day for Forgiveness and Reconciliation commemorated every 7th February.
12. Passed and signed into law the Anti-Land Grabbing law in 2020
13. Sent a bill of Ranching to the House of Assembly to curb farmer herder clashes
14. Passed and signed into law Anti-Kidnapping and Cultism Law
15. Passed and signed Violence Against Persons Prohibition (VAPP) Bill into law
16. Peace Accord signed between Berom and Fulani
18. Peace Accord signed between Irigwe and Fulani
1. Established the Treasury Single Account (TSA)
2. Created the Efficiency Unit (EU)
3. Set up the Liquidity Management Committee (LMC)
4. Plateau State adjudged the second least corrupt State in Nigeria by the 2nd Corruption Survey Report released by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) in 2019.
5. Restoration of 2 First Class; 6 Second class; and 10 Third Class Chiefdoms
6. Created 285 Districts across the State
7. Implementation of Autonomy for the Legislature, Judiciary and Executive arms of Government
8. Plateau won the Open Government Partnership Global Award for Transparency and Accountability in Extractives in Seoul South Korea (1st in Africa beating Kenya and Morocco)
9. Restored 32 Missionary Schools back to Voluntary Organisations earlier taken over by Government.
10. Established the Plateau State Infrastructure Promotion and Regulatory Agency
11. Acquired Treasury House Old CBN Quarters for use as Office of the Accountant General
ECONOMY, INNOVATION ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND JOB CREATION
1. Set up the Plateau Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency (PLASMIDA)
2. Trained over 100,000 youths in various skills and empowered them to start various businesses
3. Produced the overall winner of maiden MSME National Award Jerry Mallo 2017.
4. Produced another Overall Category Winner Luka Pam Bot in the 2018 MSMEs National Award
5. Produced another winner in 2019, Mafeng Woodcraft
6. Established the One Stop Investment Centre (OSIC) to facilitate the establishment of businesses
7. Acquired Inland Container Terminal Heipang
8. Lobbied for the designation of Yakubu Gowon Airport Heipang as International Cargo Airport
9. Paid over 300m Compensation and removed legal obstacles for Connection of electricity to the Central and Southern Zones
LALONG LEGACY PROJECTS
1. Construction of world class schools and hospitals in the three senatorial districts
2. These comprise of 9 primary schools, 6 secondary schools, and 6 hospitals
1. Construction of new Hospitals in Barkin Ladi, Mangu and Shendam LGA
2. Completed and equipped abandoned Trauma Hospital Riyom LGA
3. Completed and equipped abandoned General Hospital, Kwall, Kanke LGA
4. Completed and equipped abandoned General Hospital Mabudi, Lantang South LGA
5. Complete Renovation and Equipping of the Jos Specialist Hospital
6. Accreditation of some courses offered by the Colleges of Health Pankshin and Zawan
7. Installation and Equipping of Ultra-modern E-Library facilities at the College of Health, Zawan.
8. Procurement of Ultra-modern medical equipment for the State Specialists Hospital such as Superstar MRI Machine, 64 slices CT Scanner, 4D-Ultrasound Scanner and Digital X-Ray Machine among others.
9. Construction and remodeling of the Plateau Primary Healthcare Development Agency
10. Established Plateau State Contributory Health Insurance Management Agency (PLASHEMA)
11. Established Plateau Drugs, Medical Commodities Management Agency
12. Completion of Plateau Specialist Hospital Administrative Building and Laboratory
WORKERS’ WELFARE, SALARIES, PENSIONS AND GRATUITIES
1. Paid inherited salary arrears of 8 months form the past administration of Governor Jang
2. Paid 4 months withheld wages under no-work-no-pay policy by the past administration of Governor Jang
3. Up to date in payment of salaries every month and which earned him the name “Governor Alert” by the workers.
4. Received award of excellence for welfare of workers by the Joint Unions of State Owned Tertiary Institutions in Plateau State (JUPTI)
5. Up-to-date in payment of pension to retirees
6. Received Award by the National Executive Committee of NULGE for good governance and prompt payment of salaries including 4 months no work, no pay for Local Government Workers in Plateau State
7. Recruitment and replacement of staff in various MDAs
8. Facilitated home renovation loan to over 2,500 civil servants
9. Flagged off Construction of Workers Estate in Miango
1. Partnered with AfDB-funded Agricultural Transformation Agenda Support Programme.
2. Constructed infrastructure such as potato processing centres, market stalls and technology centres under the Potato Value Chain Support Project (PVCSP)
3. Reactivated the Bokkos Fertilizer Blending Plant to provide high quality fertilizers.
4. Earmarked Wase and Kanam Government Grazing Reserves for Pilot ranching under the National Livestock Transformation Programme (NLTP) of the Federal Government.
5. Constructed Potato Tissue Culture Laboratory in Mangu LGA
6. Reacquired the BARC Farms Zallaki previously sold
7. Procured 1,500 irrigation Water Pumps distributed to farmers in the 17 Local Government Areas
8. Profiled and empowered 150 farmers for wheat and barley production in Plateau State.
1. Payment of Backlog of Scholarships to Students of Law School and other Tertiary Institution
2. Accreditation of 17 courses at the Plateau State University, Bokkos
3. Organised 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th and 7th convocation of PLASU
4. Released millions of naira for infrastructural development at the Plateau State University.
5. Infrastructural Development at the Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin Ladi and accreditation of courses.
6. About 4,800 primary school teachers were recruited and trained across the State
7. Sponsored and paid scholarships of 28 indigenous students at the Egyptian Maritime Academy, Alexandria
8. Recall of over 2,000 sacked teachers by immediate past administration of Jonah Jang.
9. Lobbied for several Tetfund projects at the Plateau State University Bokkos (PLASU), Plateau State Polytechnic and other tertiary institutions.
10. Established 5 new faculties of Health Sciences, Environmental Science, Law and Agriculture at the Plateau State University (PLASU).
11. Constructed 639 Primary and Junior Secondary school classrooms across the 17 Local Governments
12. Renovated 724 classrooms
13. Fenced 16 schools
14. Renovated many Examination Halls
15. Built 84 toilets in various schools
16. Procured and distributed 55,985 Tables and Chairs for Primary and Junior Secondary schools
17. Achieved 100% accreditation of courses at the College of Education Gindiri
18. Organised a Combined Convocation for six sets of students for the first time in 15 years
19. Restored Diploma programmes at the College of Arts, Science, and Technology Kurgwi,
20. Established Government Colleges in Shendam and Pankshin in addition to renovation of Technical College Bukuru
21. Organised first Convocation for graduands of College of Agriculture Garkawa after many years
2. Facilitated 50% percent grant for the Plateau State Council of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) for the procurement of 80 Units of Ford Galaxy Buses
3. Purchased the Bus Terminal at Tafawa Belewa Street Jos from Nasarawa State Government
4. On-going process for establishment of Plateau State Road Traffic Administration and Vehicle Inspection Authority
5. Purchased and commissioned 14 New Brand Hilux Vans for smooth operation of VIO in Plateau State.
6. Established Computerized Vehicle Inspection Service Centre Jos
1. Governor Lalong led Plateau United to its Nigerian Professional Football League Trophy 2016/2017 season.
2. Under Lalong’s Administration, Plateau has played in the CAF Champions League twice
3. Construction of Green in Lamingo and Rayfield Golf Courses to meet global Standard.
4. Lalong’s commitment to Sport qualified Plateau United to the African Champions League 2022 after coming second in the 2022 Nigerian League
5. Annual Sponsorship of Plateau Governor’s Professional Golf Tournament with Local and International participation.
6. Substantial construction work carried out at the Zaria Road New Stadium with the Dressing Room, pitch and others completed and put into use.
….more to come