x

COVID-19: We have gone online training —- Taekwondo stakeholder

Ferguson Oluigbo, the President of Pan Africa Martial Arts International (PANAMAI) Open Sports Taekwondo Academy, says that the body has settled for online trainings of its athletes due to the outbreak of COVID-19.
Oluigbo told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday in Lagos that all PANAMAI West Africa taekwondo dojangs had been closed with immediate effect in order to comply with the directives meant to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
“As martial artists, we have not relented in our efforts to ensure that our taekwondo trainings do not suffer unduly. In view of this, we will go online through our WhatsApp platform.
“We have opened an online whatsapp forum where training guidelines and videos will be served twice weekly and questions answered to ensure that we sustain our training tempo from the comfort of our homes,” he said.
He added that the platform was open to existing and new members.
He added that old members who were up to date with their dues would be automatically registered to enjoy the benefits normally accrued to them.
According to him, consideration will be given to only old members who have indicated interests to be on the WhatsApp training forum, while new members will be expected to request for registration details.
Oluigbo, a taekwondo grandmaster, added that the training guidelines would commence immediately on the whatsapp platform adding that interested new members should reach out to him through his WhatsApp contact.
“The WhatsApp group platform has really come in handy this time and we want to make the best use of it and to also get members informed because of the recent pandemic across the globe,” he said.
The PANAMAI boss said that the platform would create an enabling environment for participants within and outside the country to get tips and preparations on fitness, martial art and taekwondo trainings.
He also advised members in their respective locations to comply and bring to bear all preventive measures specified by authorities aimed at stopping the spread of COVID-19. (NAN)

Hot this week

Asaba 2026: Tinubu, Oborevwori Rally Support as Police Games Open

By Anne AzukaPresident and Delta State Governor have reaffirmed...

Tems Becomes First African Female Artist with Seven Billboard Hot 100 Entries

Grammy-winning Nigerian singer Tems has made history as the...

Alleged Passport Substitution: CSO Raises Alarm Over Irregular Practices in Some States

By Jabiru HassanA civil society organisation, Independent Hajj Reporters,...

Commodore Okokota Takes Over Command of NNS SOROH

Commodore Christian Okokota has officially assumed duty as the...

Wayne Rooney Slams ‘TheUnitedStrand’ as Man Utd Fail to Win Fifth Straight Game

Wayne Rooney has taken aim at viral Manchester United...

Spring Festival: Tegbe Congratulates China, Backs Deeper Economic Integration

The Director-General of the Nigeria–China Strategic Partnership (NCSP), Joseph...

Jude Bellingham Linked With Conditional Move to Manchester United

Reports indicate that Jude Bellingham has reached an agreement...

FA Cup Fifth Round Draw Confirmed

The FA Cup fifth-round draw has delivered a blend...

Lagos Court Sentences Man to One Year in Prison for N37m Forex Fraud

The Special Offences Court sitting in Ikeja, Lagos, has...

Kaduna AG Urges Christians to Engage in Politics Ahead of 2027 Elections

By Francis WilfredKaduna State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice,...

Related Articles

Popular Categories

spot_imgspot_img